Spouse Open Work Permit
Canada spouse visa allows a permanent resident or a citizen of Canada to sponsor their respective partner to come to Canada as Canada permanent resident. Under this visa the partner is allowed to live, work and can stay permanently in Canada along with their partner.
There are certain requirements for Canada Spouse Visa:
- You must be an adult i.e. 18 yrs or above,
- Your Canadian Status must be Permanent resident or Citizen of Canada
- You must have clear records (i.e. no police record or shouldn’t have done anything illegal)
- Proof of marriage (i.e. a valid marriage certificate)
- Financial stability proof i.e. you are financially stable enough to support your partners expenses (bank account/ tax payments/ any other assets)
- The proof of regular communication between you and your spouse (emails/ messages/ phone call records)
- Demonstrate that your marriage is genuine (wedding photos/photos of you and your partner together/ video/ call records etc)
- Joint bank accounts or any other assets where you have joint authority.
It would take an approximately a year to get the approval for this category. But this time can be affected by the country you are applying from as well as the amount of work load in the department. The fee bifurcation is
- $550 CAD (Government processing fee)
- $490 CAD (Right to permanent residency fee)
- $85 CAD (Biometrics fee)
- $289 CAD (If applying for Quebec)
For a better assistance you should contact an experienced representative. CW international has helped 1000+ candidates with all kinds of visa categories. To know more or to get an experts view please contact us.